
Well, the day was absolutely glorious; a true dose of Spring. After spending the morning getting acclimated to being back in the office, I decided to bail on being inside and head to the garden. It was bekoning me. So, I cleaned out all the beds, did a quick rake, and planted my onion sets (white, yellow, purple, and mild shallots). After spending last week in Texas 60+ degree weather, returning to Pennsylvania, where the weather is still at least a month behind, was difficult. Thank goodness today was so warm and sunny. The next three days are forcast to be cold and rainy, typical of early spring. At least I have my seedlings reminding me daily that warmer weather is on its way.
Speaking of seeds, I have my last batch - those four weeks out - to get started, a task I'll hopefully get done this evening after I'm packed and ready to go for tomorrow's trip into NYC. It's art fair season in New York, and this year there are more fairs in town than ever - at least ten that I'm aware of: The Armory Show, Pulse, Volta, Red Dot, etc. etc. etc. I'm going to attend the VIP brunch in the morning and then hit the Armory show in the early evening after I'm through with client meetings. The first day back from vacation is always OVERBOOKED, but tomorrow is full of fun stuff (two studio visits, client lunch, and then some gallery visits). Life could be much much worse! :)
Okay, back to work. I'm re-designing the KJJFA brochure to match the new business cards that came in the mail while I was in Texas. They look amazing: heavy card stock, rounded corners, and the new logo. If you want some, let me know.

2 comments:
What a wonderful way to spend the afternoon! I love the way you have the garden laid out with the walk way and little garden "islands". Steven and I will have to vacation up that direction and visit your home. I enjoyed getting to see you again last weekend and meeting Ron. Enjoy NYC!!
Tammy
Dear Ken,
Welcome home! It is so good to see the beginning of projects. I can picture your garden from looking a the pebble shapes full of beige to the green, green, green of July.
I am using your future visit to motivate more art making. That is why I did not want you to visit right away. I read your journal regularly and love it. Thank you.
Diane/Cindy
Post a Comment